Live Like A Local - Heather Harwood, Beachside Vacations Property Manager
Born and raised in Charleston, South Carolina. She went on to study Hospitality Management at the University of South Carolina. After graduation she couldn’t imagine living anywhere other than home. Finally, after two years of looking for a career she landed at Beachside Vacations in 2014.
1. Going to the Charleston Riverdogs Baseball games. Growing up with two brothers baseball is a staple in my family. There is something for everyone! Foodies, children, adults, and the avid sports lover. Beer milkshakes and all kinds of different hotdogs, face painting, $1 beer, and one of the best baseball fields in the minor league program overlooking the Ashely River and the Citadel. Tons of fun for the whole family! 843-577-3647.
2. Hanging out on Sullivan’s Island. Whether it is going to the beach or eating at one of the many amazing restaurants down the strip. Looking at the historic homes is also a huge plus!
3. Walk around the market and battery downtown. Nothing is more gorgeous than the battery. Full of history and great view! You can’t beat it. The market also has tons of history and great shopping for Sweetgrass baskets and other crafts made by local Charlestonians.
4. Going to the Cinebarre Movie Theater puts dinner and a movie into one! They deliver straight to your seat for less hassle of waiting in lines and missing part of the movie. The Cinebarre Movie Theater is located in Mt. Pleasant. 843-884-7885.
5. Party in the Park in the summer is amazing! They have many vendors and a country music artist every Tuesday in June. Great time sitting on the lawn or dancing with your friends. The party is located at the Memorial Waterfront Park in Mt. Pleasant.