Wild Dunes Amenities
Wild Dunes offers many outstanding amenities to the public. These include The Wild Dunes Links Golf Course, The Harbor Golf Course, driving range, Sand and Sea Spa, 15 swimming pool complexes, playground, basketball courts, miles of bike trails, Grand Pavilion Boardwalk, bicycle rentals, beach chair rentals, marina (formally known as Wild Dunes Yacht Harbor), crabbing dock, fishing charters, kayak adventures, paddleboard rentals, Barrier Island Nature Tours, shopping, and evening entertainment.
Dining options include Hudson’s Market, Beachside Burgers and Bar, Coastal Provisions, Coastal Crust, Woody's Eatery, Laughing Gull Restaurant and Bar, Oystercatcher Restaurant and Bar, Huey's Southern Eats and Duney’s Ice Cream Shop. At the marina, dining options include Saltworks Dockside Deli.
Wild Dunes is made up of individual property owners associations and a private club. Amenity access is limited based on the location of your accommodations as well as if the amenity is limited to club members only.
Amenities Open to all Guests at Wild Dunes
•The Wild Dunes Links Golf Course
•The Harbor Golf Course
•Golf lessons and clinics
•Tennis lessons and clinics
•Sand and Sea Spa
•Playground located by the Tennis Center on Backcourt Drive
•Miles of bike/walking trails
•Grand Pavilion Boardwalk (After 6pm unless a rental guest within the Grand Pavilion or Seaside Community where access is unlimited)
•Beach Chair Rentals
•Crabbing Dock (Located behind Lagoon Villa)
•Isle of Palms Marina (Formally known as Wild Dunes Yacht Harbor)
•Barrier Island Nature Tours
•Evening entertainment at the Grand Pavilion (Seasonal Events)
•Huey's Southern Eats
•Beachside Burgers and Bar
•Saltworks Dockside Deli
•Oystercatcher Restaurant and Bar
•Laughing Gull Restaurant and Bar
•Duney’s Ice Cream Shop
Amenity Access Based on Accommodation Location
Most Wild Dunes accommodations are located within unique neighborhoods that feature a private swimming pool for residents and guests of the community. These neighborhoods include the following:
- Grand Pavilion
- Beach Club Villa
- Mariner’s Walk
- Shipwatch Villas
- Summer House
- Port O Call
- Ocean Club
- Linkside Villa
- Ocean Point
- Pelican Bay
- Fairway Dunes
Access to these community pools is limited to the guests and property owners within each neighborhood. For example, if you are renting a property within the Grand Pavilion community you may use the two oceanfront pools within the Grand Pavilion. You may not use the pool complex at the Boardwalk Inn, the Sweetgrass Inn or the Seagrove community even though they are adjacent to the Grand Pavilion.
Communities Without Swimming Pool Access
There are communities in Wild Dunes that do not have access to a community swimming pool. These neighborhoods include:
- Racquet Club Villa
- Twin Oaks Cottages
- Marsh Island
- Sandcrab Court
- Beachwood East and West
- Dunecrest Lane
- Fairway Oaks
- Abalone Alley
- Oyster Row
- The Residence at Sweetgrass (The Village)
Additional Community Amenities
The following communities have special features.
- Shipwatch Community Playground and Observation Deck. Only guests renting within Shipwatch may have access to the Shipwatch playground and observation deck.
- Fairway Dunes Tennis Facility. Only guests renting within the Fairway Dunes community may have access to the Fairway Dunes Tennis Facility.
- Linkside Villa Tennis Facility. Only guests renting within the Linkside community may have access to the Linkside Tennis Facility.
- Ocean Point Hot Tub. Only guests renting within the Ocean Point community may have access to the hot tub in Ocean Point.
- The Grand Pavilion Boardwalk. Only guests renting within the Grand Pavilion or Seaside Communities may have unlimited access to the Grand Pavilion Boardwalk and the two pools featured within this facility.
Starting in 2022, Hyatt Hotels, management company of the Wild Dunes Amenities, closed the following facilities to public access.
- Fitness Room
- Tennis Center (tennis court rental)
- Club Swimming Pool, located behind conference facility
City of Isle of Palms Amenities
The City of Isle of Palms Recreation Center is a new facility that offers both tennis, pickle ball, and fitness facilities as well as a host of other amenities. The largest playground on the island is located at the Recreation Center. It is located on 28th Avenue. Facilities can be accessed free of charge.